Effective Date: June 30, 2018
Third Point LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “Third Point”) operate this Site. Third Point is the data controller with respect to any personal data collected via this website for the purposes of applicable data protection laws, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Third Point is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal data in compliance with such data protection laws.
What Information We Collect
When you visit the Site and use certain functions available on the site, you provide Third Point with information that may be considered personal information or personal data under applicable data protection laws. In particular:
- Visitors who choose to complete our sign up form, will provide an email address and name (“Contact Data”).
How We Use and Share your Personal Data
Third Point will only use the information we collect on this site for limited purposes. In particular:
- Site Usage Data will help us ensure that the site is optimized to provide the most useful information in the most useful manner. We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that the Site continues to operate effectively and efficiently, and collecting Site Usage Data is a critical component of that effort.
- Contact Data will allow us to contact you and provide you the information you have requested, as well as updates. Providing you this information is part of fulfilling the request you have submitted over the Site for such information.
Third Point may from time to time, in accordance with the purposes just described, disclose your personal data to other parties, including (a) professional advisers such as law firms and accountancy firms, (b) other service providers of Third Point’s, and (c) courts and regulatory, tax and governmental authorities. To the extent we reasonably can, Third Point limits by contract the ability of third parties to use the data for purposes beyond those enumerated above.
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your device and accessed by the Site when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognize your device. For more information about cookies and similar technologies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Note that if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of this Site will not function properly.
How long Third Point holds your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria, such as the purposes for which Third Point is using it (it will need to be kept for as long as is necessary for any of those purposes) and legal obligations (laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which Third Point must retain your personal data).
International Transfer of Data
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored by persons outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), and in particular may be transferred to and stored by Third Point, its affiliates or its service providers outside the EEA. Where personal data is transferred outside the EEA by Third Point, Third Point will take appropriate safeguards with respect to such transfer. For example, the country to which the personal data is transferred may be approved by the European Commission for such transfers, the recipient may have agreed to model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission that oblige them to protect the personal data, or the recipient may be located in the United States and be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme. You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside the EEA by contacting Third Point using the details set out under “Contacting Third Point” below.
Your GDPR Rights
If the personal data you submit to us is subject to GDPR, you may have certain legal rights in relation to our collection of that personal data. These rights include the following:
- The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data that Third Point holds about you.
- In some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to request that Third Point transmits that data to a third party where this is technically feasible. (Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to Third Point.)
- The right to request that Third Point corrects your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request that Third Point erase your personal data in certain circumstances. (Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask Third Point to erase your personal data but Third Point is legally entitled to retain it.)
- The right to object to, and the right to request that Third Point restricts, its processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. (Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or Third Point to restrict, its processing of your personal data but Third Point is legally entitled to continue processing the data or to refuse the request.)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by Third Point.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Third Point using the details set out under “Contacting Third Point” below. You can find out more information about your rights by contacting an EU data regulator such as the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, or by searching their website at http://ico.org.uk.
Contacting Third Point
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact Third Point at +1-212-715-6707 or at [email protected].
Modifications to this Privacy Notice
Third Point reserves the right to modify this privacy notice by posting the revised version on this Site and updating the effective date. Such changes will be effective upon posting. We encourage you to check this Site regularly to see the current privacy notice in effect and any changes that have been made to it.